How does it work?
How does the Indian e-Tourist Visa work?
- Holders of Indian e-Tourist Visas are eligible for a stay of up to 30 days in India. This is a single entry visa and can only be issued twice in one calendar year.
- Since an Indian e-Tourist Visa is issued electronically, the applicant does not need to submit or send original documents or his/her passport to the nearest Indian Diplomatic Mission.
- Your visa will be processed online. It is a simple process. All that is required is a fully completed application form that must submitted on the Indian e-Tourist Visa online agency website.
- After submitting the application it takes 4-5 days to receive approval from the authorities. The visa is valid for a single entry visit to India with a duration of up to 30 days.
- For stays longer than 30 days, a regular visa through an Indian Diplomatic Mission is required. These types of visas are inserted in the traveler’s passport, for this reason the applicant must apply in person at an Indian Diplomatic Mission.